Search for Available CoursesRegister for This Course
Expanded opportunities in chairside assisting to encompass all dental specialties including orthodontics, surgery, endodontics, pedodontics, and prosthodontics. A weekly seminar is held to evaluate the individual clinical experiences. All students enrolled in ADED 298C will be charged a clinical surcharge per semester.
Students must pass all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher.
up-to-date CPR and clinical clearance with current health and liability insurance, and DANB Radiation Health and Safety certificate
- Perform expanded duties as per the laws and rules of the New Hampshire Board of Dental Examiners.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate the needs of a dentist during a restorative procedure.
- Maintain a chain of asepsis when cleaning prosthetic appliances.
- Use a sturdy and safe fulcrum during instrumentation.
- Sit in the proper position to effectively treat a specified sextant of a patient’ mouth.
- Identify specialty practice instruments.
- Assist with the placement and removal of a rubber dam.
- Perform an initial preliminary oral inspection and charting.
- Demonstrate the use of an intraoral camera.
- Assist with the treatment of alveolitis.