Presents hospital ambulatory coding using CPT coding systems for procedures and ICD-10-CM coding system for diagnoses. Ambulatory reimbursement and payment systems are presented including prospective payment system and regulatory compliance issues. The course will include an introduction to ambulatory coding and applying the principles to medical record documentation. The 3M computerized encoding and grouping system will be employed to provide experience in utilizing technology to select codes and to calculate payments for prospective payment systems.
- Accurately locate and apply current procedural terminology codes and modifiers.
- Apply clinical modification diagnosis coding concepts to ambulatory case scenarios.
- Calculate ambulatory patient classification and relate to hospital reimbursement.
- Describe Medicare Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- Identify ambulatory diagnoses based on official outpatient coding guidelines.
- Connect diagnosis/condition to current procedural terminology codes.