Covers basic security principles, compliance and operational security, threats and vulnerabilities; application, data, and host security; access control and identity management, and cryptography. It also covers mobile device security, cyberattacks and defenses, and recent developments and emerging trends in information security, such as virtualization. The course prepares students for the CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- Plan and implement network security.
- Plan and implement operational security to include risk management, incident response, physical security, and security awareness and training.
- Identify and mitigate security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Implement application, data, and host security.
- Implement access control and identity management.
- Understand and use appropriate cryptographic methods.