Focuses on the use of the Windows Server operating system in a business environment. Topics include business analysis and matching system needs with an appropriate solution that includes physical, virtual and cloud based servers. Students will also study software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions and implement these solutions on a cloud provider platform.
- Install and configure version(s) of Microsoft Server.
- Set up users, groups, and organization units, and assign the appropriate privileges.
- Configure services such as DNS, DHCP, file, print, and web services.
- Recreate many of the services listed above on a cloud provider platform.
- Understand the benefits of cloud computing versus traditional server environments.
- Understand the differences between software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).