NHTI's Wedding Planning certificate program instructs you on the fundamentals of wedding planning and develop the ability to create and organize exceptional weddings and parties. You'll learn the essential role of the wedding planner, the elements of a successful wedding event, and the critical skills needed for a successful career as a wedding planner. Courses in this program will transfer into the Associate in Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management degree program. This program is financial-aid eligible.
Apply for this program today on our Admissions page with step-by-step instructions and enrollment pathways build just for you!
Health, Character, and Technical Standards
Technical standards have been established to provide guidance to students regarding skills and abilities required to function successfully in the Hospitality and Tourism Management program and ultimately in the hospitality/tourism profession. Students must demonstrate:
- The ability to act in a professional manner on field trips or at internship locations
- Sufficient vision, hearing, and verbal abilities to express and exchange information and ideas, as well as to interpret important instructions in the classroom or at internship locations
- The ability to work with frequent interruptions, respond appropriately to unexpected situations, and cope with extreme variations in workload and stress levels
Although not a technical standard for admission, applicants should be aware that some positions may require the physical ability to stand for long periods and to lift up to 70 lbs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate program, students will be able to:
- Describe the role of the wedding planner in organizing and coordinating a wedding and describe the elements of professionalism, creativity, and expertise required to achieve success as a wedding planner.
- Describe the origins of the most common customs, rituals, and traditions used in wedding ceremonies and explain the factors that engaged couples typically consider when determining the style and size of their wedding.
- Identify the events associated with weddings, including parties, showers, and the wedding reception and the processes that must be followed to successfully schedule and manage these events.
- Explain the responsibilities associated with planning and organizing a wedding including vendor selection and contracting and the identification and selection of appropriate wedding attire for all members of the wedding party.
- Describe the critical business considerations of running a wedding planning business such as financial planning and management, legal concerns, record keeping, marketing, and technical aspects and outline typical fee structures used by wedding planning businesses.