Designed to give an overview of the working components of a hotel and their interrelationships. Students will explore in a descriptive fashion the responsibilities of each hotel department and how and why their interactions are important. Students will examine the difference in operations of various types and sizes of hotels from B&B to full-service hotels.
- Gain a full working knowledge of the organizational chart for a full service lodging property.
- Possess the ability to discern between revenue-generating departments and support departments.
- Understand how all full-service hotel departments work in conjunction with each other.
- Understand the responsibilities of each department (management/associate).
- Have a working knowledge of hospitality terminology.
- Know how to successfully perform a case study.