NHTI's Event and Conference Management certificate program gives you an understanding of the hospitality industry and instructs you how to plan and organize conferences and events. You'll gain skills in meeting software, web applications, and social media. Courses transfer into NHTI’s Associate in Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management. This program is financial aid-eligible and can be completed entirely online!
Apply for this program today on our Admissions page with step-by-step instructions and enrollment pathways build just for you!
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Design an event from conception to implementation.
- Create measurable event objectives that include timelines, budgets, and program design.
- Review event venues including convention centers, hotels, meeting facilities, and/or civic centers.
- Design program schedule.
- Create an event catering food and beverage plan.
- Complete a risk management plan: parking, security, safety, ADA, etc.
- Design a marketing plan including social media options.
Students in this program acquire the skills needed to work at a hotel, conference center, sports arena, or corporate organization as their program or events coordinator.
Health, Character, and Technical Standards
Technical standards provide guidance as to skills and abilities required to function successfully in this program and profession. Students must demonstrate:
- The ability to act in a professional manner on field trips or at internship locations
- Sufficient vision, hearing, and verbal abilities to express, interpret, and exchange information and ideas
- The ability to work with frequent interruptions, respond appropriately to unexpected situations, and cope with variations in workload and stress levels
Although not a technical standard for entry, some positions require the physical ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 70 pounds.