Exposes students to the many elements and dynamics associated with managing a sports or fitness facility. Students will visit a variety of structures, arenas, and facilities and will gain an understanding of what is required to develop and successfully administer and market such facilities.
- Create budgets for sport and fitness facilities.
- Develop job descriptions for positions within sports and fitness facilities and on sports-related projects and create staffing schedules.
- Discuss concepts and principles of facility design, management, and construction.
- Explain risk management concerns related to sports and fitness facilities and projects.
- Identify revenue streams, and revenue opportunities, for sports and fitness facilities.
- Demonstrate best practices in event booking for various types of indoor and outdoor facilities.