Summative, scenario-driven course designed to challenge team leadership skills and solidify clinical decision-making. Emphasis will be placed on paramedic assessment, diagnostic skills, and treatment aims/outcomes. Students will draw from the knowledge and interventions learned in PEM 201C.
All first-year PEM courses
- Demonstrate the assessment, formulation of field diagnosis, development of treatment plans, and the implementation of EMS-related procedures/interventions across the spectrum of special populations.
- Demonstrate successful performance of the National Registry Oral Station relating to special populations.
- Successfully obtain AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
- Demonstrate an appropriate affect when interacting with faculty, staff, peers, and simulated patients.
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge as required by the National EMS Educational Standards.