A comprehensive study of the front desk operations from a small inn to a full-service hotel. The student will explore front and back office systems. Topics include reservation procedures, registration, auditing, tour groups, check out procedures, room control, maintenance on guest accounts, public relations, and sales.
- Have knowledge of hospitality terminology.
- Be familiar with property management systems.
- Understand the relationship between the front office, front desk, reservations, PBX, housekeeping and engineering.
- Understand the front desk as an information center for the guest and the associates.
- Understand space release policies and forecast management.
- Know management styles and be familiar with legal issues facing the front desk.