Search for Available CoursesRegister for This Course
This course will orient the student to risk management of a medical condition/emergency and dental record documentation. Ethics and jurisprudence topics related to risk management are also included.
Students must pass all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or higher.
- Describe major areas of risk management to include communication, accurate and complete documentation, informed consent as well as legal aspects of dental assisting to maintain high standards of clinical excellence.
- Identify prescribed medications that patients may be taking using the Lexicomp database.
- Perform treatment modifications for visually impaired, hearing impaired and/or wheelchair bound patients.
- Identify signs and symptoms of medical diseases and provide the proper treatment to patients in clinical practice.
- Identify a medical emergency based on the signs and symptoms exhibited by the patient and effectively manage the situation utilizing a team approach to provide appropriate emergency treatment and referral to the Emergency Medical Service.