Designed to teach the dental assisting student clinical techniques. Includes information on sterilization and disinfection techniques, charting, and the use of dental equipment and instruments. Students are introduced to four-handed chairside assisting as it pertains to all types of dental procedures including oral evacuation, instrument transfer, tray set-ups, and completing dental clinical records. Emphasis is placed on the dental health team concept.
- Assist the dentist during all phases of four-handed dentistry.
- Follow OSHA and Infection Control Guidelines in performing the proper disinfection and sterilization techniques in a dental office.
- Complete a clinical chart for a patient.
- Identify the different types of instruments used for different procedures in a dental office.
- Identify the different types of equipment used in a dental office.