Search for Available CoursesRegister for This Course
Designed to teach the dental assisting student clinical techniques. Includes information on sterilization and disinfection techniques, charting, and the use of dental equipment and instruments. Students are introduced to four-handed chairside assisting as it pertains to all types of dental procedures including oral evacuation, instrument transfer, tray set-ups, and completing dental clinical records. Emphasis is placed on the dental health team concept.
- Assist the dentist during all phases of four-handed dentistry.
- Follow OSHA and Infection Control Guidelines in performing the proper disinfection and sterilization techniques in a dental office.
- Complete a clinical chart for a patient.
- Identify the different types of instruments used for different procedures in a dental office.
- Identify the different types of equipment used in a dental office.