Introduce students to the powerful tools of Photoshop for manipulating digital images, photomontage, and page layout applications. The course topics cover Photoshop tools, photo corrections, working with selections, and layer basics. The use of masks and channels, typographic design, and vector drawing techniques are also covered. In addition, assignments will include advanced compositing, basic video editing, digital painting, and working with 3-D images/text. Textbook and portable media storage device required.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Navigate and configure the Photoshop CC interface to find the tools needed to complete a given task.
- Identify common image file formats and select the correct format based on project specifications.
- Modify the contents of a layer using layer styles, adjustment layers, layer effects and layer masks.
- Perform a variety of photo corrections.
- Complete simple graphic design projects with vector drawing and text elements.