Includes limits; derivatives of algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions; antiderivatives; and an introduction to integration. Applications will be stressed throughout the course including velocity, acceleration, curve sketching, optimization, and related rates. A graphing calculator is required.
- State, interpret, and apply the definitions, theorems, and properties involving limits, continuity, derivatives, anti-derivatives, and definite integrals.
- Evaluate limits and derivatives of many functions and antiderivatives of simple functions.
- Solve problems involving limits, derivatives, and antiderivatives using numerical methods.
- Solve problems involving limits, derivatives, and antiderivatives using graphical methods.
- Construct and solve mathematical models using definite integrals.