Students learn to design, build, and deploy a modern web application. Topics include database integration, asynchronous communication, design patterns, and security. Coursework combines conceptual and hands-on learning components and concludes with an independent web application development project.
- Use an integrated development environment (IDE) to write software.
- Use PHP, ASP.NET, Node.js or similar technology to build a web application backend.
- Integrate a web application backend with a SQL database.
- Integrate client-side and server-side components to build a complete web application.
- Describe contemporary web application design patterns.
- Describe security considerations for a web application.
- Deploy a complete web application to a local or cloud platform.