A hands-on training course for designing and building mobile applications on the Android platform. This course walks students through a series of app-driven exercises showing the relationships among application building blocks.
- Understand the architecture of an Android application.
- Use Android Studio to develop simple to moderately complex Android apps using XML, Kotlin, and Java.
- Use emulators and real devices for development, debugging, and testing apps.
- Know the syntax of Kotlin or Java programming language as it pertains to Android programming.
- Understand when to use XML and when to use Kotlin and Java for developing graphical user interface.
- Configure and use “Gradle”, the compiler used by Android Studio.
- Use touch, multitouch, and event handling in Android Studio including implicit and explicit intents and save and retrieve data.