Designed for students new to the world of IT. It emphasizes hands-on learning using Raspberry Pi to introduce key IT concepts that appear throughout the Networking and Software Development degree programs. Concepts include computing principles and terminology, the relationship between hardware and software, programming principles, system administration and automation, and an introduction to digital networks.
- Describe components of a digital computing system.
- Deploy and configure a Linux server.
- Create an application using Python.
- Use programming principles to solve simple computing challenges.
- Connect devices on a digital network.
- Build and deploy a simple web application.
- Explain the origin and impact of key digital technology trends.
- Design and implement an IT solution to solve a digital communication challenge.