Promotes an understanding of the proper use, spelling, pronunciation, and meaning of medical terms. This course emphasizes learner participation through group activities and reading assignments. Basic anatomy and physiology and common pathology of the body systems will also be discussed. Designed for people working in the healthcare environment.
- Describe the fundamental structures and functions of the body’s organ systems.
- Explain the construction of medical terms including prefixes, suffixes, root words, and combined forms.
- Define, identify, pronounce, and spell terminology related to the field of medicine.
- Apply medical terminology terms, phrases, and abbreviations utilized in medical reports.
- Use medical references and other resources to research medical terminology.