NHTI's Coaching certificate program focuses on enhancing the leadership skills of coach and athlete. Courses emphasize topics that foster successful coaching strategies at any level. This specialization offers you professional development opportunities through an exploration of relevant topics. The curriculum develops a working knowledge of the skills needed to coach successfully and facilitate a transfer to a four-year college or university program. This program is financial aid-eligible.
Do you have questions? Contact Amy Liptak, department chair, at email@example.com or 603-271-6484 x4243.
Apply for this program today on our Admissions page with step-by-step instructions and enrollment pathways build just for you!
Graduates can enter into the following professions (not an inclusive list):
- Fitness specialist with coaching skills
- College coach
- Recreational team coach
- Youth sports coach
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will communicate effectively.
- Students will employ vocabulary pertinent to health science.
- Students will complete research and analyze popular ergogenic aids.
- Students will use critical thinking.
- Students will apply the scientific method.
- Students will evaluate dietary intakes and physical activity throughout the human lifespan.
- Students will demonstrate the application of scientific technology.
- Students will practice lab safety procedures.
- Students will utilize current technology to collect, analyze, and present data.
- Students will express quantitative and qualitative scientific knowledge.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Students will compare human health and disease states.
Click here for the full PDF of learning outcomes.