Designed to provide Allied Health students with the basic principles of the chemistry of living processes. Includes the study of macromolecules, metabolic pathways, energy transformations, and enzyme action.
high school Chemistry with lab or permission of the department chair
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Apply the scientific method.
- Describe structures, functions, and metabolism of the major classes of biomolecules.
- Compare and contrast the types of reactions most commonly seen in biological systems.
- Evaluate the role of water in living systems.
- Examine mechanisms of energy transformations.