Fundamental laws and concepts of chemistry, including elements, atomic structure, the periodic table, chemical bonding, compounds, chemical equations, and stoichiometry. Laboratories reinforce concepts presented in lectures and develop skills in scientific thought and common procedures used in chemical experimentation. With CHEM 104C, intended to provide a foundation for further study in life sciences and physical sciences.
- High school chemistry with lab
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and skills.
- Employ mathematical concepts to manipulate chemical data.
- Use the periodic table of the elements.
- Explain physical and chemical properties of matter, chemical bonds, and reactions.
- Relate the first law of thermodynamics to chemical behaviors and interactions.