A brief summary of human anatomical structure and physiological systems designed to provide students with the knowledge and perspective necessary to work in their chosen fields.
high school Biology
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Apply the scientific method.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and skills.
- Define the cell theory and describe the structures and main functions of cells.
- Compare and contrast inorganic and organic molecules as they relate to the structure and function of living things.
- Explain the organization of body systems, anatomical features, and functional processes in health and disease.
- Describe the complementary nature of structure and function, homeostasis and homeostatic mechanisms, and interactions of the human body with its environment.