An introduction to the structure and physiology of plants at the molecular, cellular, and organismal levels; survey of major plant groups and their evolutionary relationships; and the relationships of plants to humans and other organisms.
- High school biology with lab or BIOL 100C
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Explain the classification of plants and differentiate between biomes.
- Identify the structure and function of plant stems, roots, cells, tissues, and organelles.
- Compare and contrast monocot, dicot, ferns, gymnosperms, bryophytes, seed and seedless plants, and other woody plants.
- Define diffusion, osmosis, and explain how plants can transport and communicate between cells.
- Describe photosynthesis and respiration by plants.
- Evaluate the role of fungi and soil type for plant growth.