A continuation of BIOL 111C. Includes a survey of the taxonomic groupings of life forms and the principles of evolution and ecology.
Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Apply the scientific method.
- Demonstrate proper laboratory techniques and skills.
- Identify the principles of taxonomy.
- Describe characteristics of major groups within each of the biological kingdoms.
- Examine evidence of evolution and diversity of plant and animal life.
- Discuss evolutionary theory and controversies surrounding the theory.
- Evaluate evolutionary trends in the development of selected physiological systems.